Phase 4 Rules and Limitations
Phase 4 significantly eases the rules and limitations placed on golf courses during this pandemic. These rules and limitations are mandated by the Governor’s Office. Listed below are the rules and limitations:
- While anywhere on golf course property, people must practice safe social distancing. (6 - 8 feet) We encourage all players to wear a face covering until they start their round. We will not supply face coverings so bring your own.
- Foursomes are allowed.
- Golf carts are allowed with two riders. You are encouraged to use face coverings
- If a golf cart is used, it must be sanitized after each use. Golfers must remove all items from the cart. A spray bottle of sanitizing solution will be available in each cart. Spray down all touch areas with the solution, it must remain on surface for at least 2 minutes. Return the cart to the cart building for reuse.
- Practice range and putting green are allowed with social distancing.
- Porta-johns will be sanitized multiple times a day. However, please understand you are using them at your own risk.
- A hand sanitizer dispenser will be available at sign in. Please use sparingly, we have a limited supply. Please use the sanitizer after touching any surface prior to beginning your round of golf. We encourage you to bring your own sanitizing solution to be used on the course or after your round. Please apply safe social distancing while signing in, if you are behind someone signing in wait 6 -8 feet behind them.
- There will be no ball washers, tee markers, or trap rakes.
- The drinking fountain hand pump will be disabled.
- Cups will be put in upside down. Do not touch or remove the flag stick.
- Remember to bring your own water. We will not have machines for pop or water available.
1) Pending approval of the LGRC Board, we will have our first day of golf on June 10 at 7:30 AM.
2) Tee times will be 10 minutes apart.
3) Social distancing must be observed. No congregating at the shack or at the first tee, also, no socializing after golf, no snacks in the shack.
4) Because the tee times are 4 minutes more apart than our usual 6 minutes, we will golf in foursomes instead of threesomes to speed up play.
- Foursomes will tee off on schedule; you must be ready to golf at your assigned tee time. If you are late, you will have to go to the end of the line.
- Foursomes and tee times will be assigned. Judy will make up the foursomes and assign tee times.
- This info will be available on our web page.
- Each foursome must have at least one LGRC member.
- Guests will pay the member in their foursome. Sue B. will not be collecting from everyone.
- The member will then be responsible to claim the guest(s) when signing in and be responsible to pay the guest fee(s) to the course.
- Guest fee is $14. Cart rental is $9.
5) Only one person to a cart, the driver must sign the waiver. The cart must be sanitized after use. Disinfectant spray will be available.
6) Sand traps have no rakes. If you land in a trap, you can take a free lift out, dropping the ball no closer to the pin.
7) Do not touch the flag. The cups are upside down leaving the hole only 1/2 inch deep.
8) We will all be playing from the white tees. There will be no tee box markers, so you may tee off as far forward as you wish.
9) If you have taken 10 strokes and have not completed the hole, pick up your ball and give yourself 10 strokes with no putts for that hole. Indicate that the hole was not completed by circling that space on the scorecard
10) We now have a web page. “Lockport Ladies Golf League”. Rita S. has designed one for our league and we will post all pertinent information on it. To access the web page just type in: lockportladiesgolf.com
11) We will no longer have a yearbook/booklet. All the rules, etiquette, events etc. will be on the web page. No member's personal information will be posted.
The board realizes that this is a lot of information to digest but we want to have a league this year and this is the only way we can have it.
MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
Will you be golfing with us this year?
Please e-mail me (Joan) and let me know yes or no.
Our dues are still $20 for the season with an optional $5 for the chip in pot. Please mail your checks to Susan B.
If you are golfing this year, then….
NOTE: To help Judy make up the foursomes each week, please let her know of any definite dates you will not be available to golf
Please, if you are not well, stay at home and let someone in your foursome know that you will not be golfing that day.